Field Trip is your guide to the cool, hidden and unique things in the world around you. It runs in the background on your phone and when you get close to something interesting, Field Trip pops up a card with details about the location - no touches or taps required. If you're connected to a headset or Bluetooth, Field Trip can even read everything to you without being prompted.
Field Trip is available on the following mobile platforms:
- Android devices running Android OS version 2.3 (Gingerbread) and higher.
Download from Google Play
- iOS devices running iOS 6.0 or later.
Download from Apple's App Store
Field Trip has something for everyone.
- The hyperlocal history experts of Arcadia will unveil local lore in places you never expected.
- Trend-setting publications like Thrillist, Food Network, Zagat and Eater will point out the best places to eat and drink.
- Experts at Sunset, Cool Hunting, WeHeart, Inhabitat and Remodelista will guide you to the latest unique stores and products.
- Atlas Obscura and Daily Secret help you uncover hidden gems no matter where you are.
- Songkick and Flavorpill guide you to local music.
Field Trip Highlights
- Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: Architecture, Historic Places & Events, Lifestyle, Offers & Deals, Food Drinks & Fun, Film Locations, Outdoor Art and Obscure Places of Interest around you.
- Choose from three different modes to set frequency of Field Trip notifications. See “Field Trip” worthy places around you on a map, by touching on cards in map view to pull up enthralling points of interest around you.
- Go on a Field Trip while you drive. Field Trip can detect when you’re driving and automatically “talk” about interesting places and experience around you.
- Capture the memory of a special place, by sharing a wondrous discovery through email and social networks such as Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
- Wondering where the gem that you recently discovered is? Find your discovered Field Trip cards in the Recent section.